Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ross Reunion

My family reunion was so much fun! We have one every 3 years, and this year it was in Devon, Alberta (about 30 minutes outside of Edmonton.) They're all crazy, and started drinking at like 10am..but still, they're great to be around. I can't wait til the next one!

Aunt Lou..this lady is 93 and she still teaches aerobic classes, does her makeup every morning and does all her own financial stuff.
Toni and my dad
Toni, Andea and moi
My cousin ToniLynn and her boyfriend, Dean. It was the 1st time we all met him and he's hilarious..he fits right in lol He's not actually a cowboy, my mom made him put the hat on because she thought he looked like Garth Brooks? I don't see it at all
My auntie Linda and uncle Al...these 2 are so awesome lol They live in Victoria along with our only 1st cousin from my dad's side, Toni
Andrea and me eating the cake. Ok, enough about the cake

The cake
This picture doesn't do justice to the huge steak bbq we had. They made over 70 huge steaks, corn on the cob, baked potatos, salads, garlic break and mini mousse and cheesecakes for dessert. Crazy.
My dad's cousin, Jim and his wife Linda..they organized this reunion. The next one is being hosted by their kids, then its my sister's, my cousin and my turn to host..oy!
Bad, I know lol But I couldn't help but take a picture of this hanging from one of my relative's trucks (he's a serious cowboy..he rides bulls and everything)
My mom (who insists on cheesy poses for all pictures) and me, expressing my views on her cheesy poses. I really do love her a lot though lol
Our campsite..there was a few of us who camped, and some who stayed in town at hotels.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I want that cake!!!!!

Christy said...

I can see where your Mom and Dad get there amazing BBQ ideas from! And yes you can pass me some of that cheesecake too!

Tanya said...

That Aunt Lou looks awesome!

And that rear end of the truck...too funny!

Welcome home neighbor!

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure i have an automatic invite to the next one right?