So we got home from 180 at about 9:30pm last night (Sunday) and I can honestly say it was the best youth conference I have ever been to. The speakers were amazing..Zac Gandara from Seattle and Phil Cann from the UK. And the worship leader was unreal..Samuel Lane from the UK. Most of you probably know him from his song, "Beautiful." It was really cool seeing all the youth kids responding to the words & worship. There wasn't one of them who didn't participate & I think each of them left the conference changed in one way or another. For me personally God broke a few strongholds that I've had in my life for a looong time & I'm -so- grateful for that.Now for a quick recap:
We left on Thursday night...and everyone knows the road trip before the youth conference is always one of the funnest parts of the weekend. Especially when you have a boys van (for them to be as stinky as they need to be) and a girl's van (usually equally as smelly..shh) We arrived in PG at the house we were staying at (insanely HUGE, 1926 home..which I'm disappointed to say I didn't take pictures of because it was gorgeous.) pretty late that night...then we had to wake up early to go shopping & for pedicures at Leah's school. Right after our pedicures we went out for lunch @ Red Robin's for Leah's birthday. Friday night was an intro and some worship. Thennn comes Saturday, which was the longest day -ever- because we didn't go to sleep until like 3am..and had to wake up at 7am to be at the church by 9am. Sick! Saturday was full of sessions, worship and workshops. And of course a little shopping. Sunday morning we had church, then went to Arby's for lunch and hit up Starbucks (of course) before we hit the road back home. The roadtrip home was tons of fun too..especially from Smithers to Terrace..which is usually the most tedious part! Us girls had awesome chats and our own mini worship service lol
Anyways, I made that as short as I could...next will come the PICTURES!! I took TONS, and there are also loads on Ruth's camera that I'm going to get her to send my way. Sooo in the next few days there should be hundreds of new faces and swell objects on my blog. Look forward to it because they're stupendous!


3 comments:
SUPER GLAD to hear that you guys had so much fun! And thrilled to hear that God touched your hear too... breaking things that need to be broken can be tough... but I am so glad to hear that you did it! Love you always Tams... continue to grow and be... squishes
i've been to a conference down in the states where sam lane was the worship leader. it's always wicked to see kids grow into a relationship with god, especially after knowing them for awhile. now i'm waiting for the pictures
Thats awesome that you had a grea time .. about this weekend seeing that is already the weekend.. i have been really sick all this week.. so we will have to get together another time.
Post a Comment