Tonight Ruth saved my life. Literally. It all began on the crisp fall evening of October 7th, 2006. Two days before Thanksgiving. The Haven Youth was having youth group (duh, it was Saturday night) and the plan was to play capture the flag. (I'm done talking in storytime mode, now..)But not just any capture the flag, we were down in the bushes & instead of people running after eachother taggin them, we had flashlights. If the light was aimed in your general direction and the person called out your name..that was it, you were a gonner. Fast forward to after the game. We were hiking (if anyone has seen the bushes behind the church...it drops down like 50 feet into its own little gully) back up to the church..I was in my birks (as usual) and was having a hard time. Ruth was walking behind me and we were joking about how huge of a whimp I am..which I'm not, I just had the wrong shoes on. Really lol. I wasn't paying attention, my leg FLEW up in the air, my birk FLEW off and I FLEW backwards. And then...I went tumbling down the hill. Oh wait...NO..that's not how the story goes..I WOULD have tumbled down the hill if Ruth hadn't caught me in her arms and cradled me back to safety. Thanks Ruth, you're a lifesaver.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
My life = saved by Ruth
Tonight Ruth saved my life. Literally. It all began on the crisp fall evening of October 7th, 2006. Two days before Thanksgiving. The Haven Youth was having youth group (duh, it was Saturday night) and the plan was to play capture the flag. (I'm done talking in storytime mode, now..)But not just any capture the flag, we were down in the bushes & instead of people running after eachother taggin them, we had flashlights. If the light was aimed in your general direction and the person called out your name..that was it, you were a gonner. Fast forward to after the game. We were hiking (if anyone has seen the bushes behind the church...it drops down like 50 feet into its own little gully) back up to the church..I was in my birks (as usual) and was having a hard time. Ruth was walking behind me and we were joking about how huge of a whimp I am..which I'm not, I just had the wrong shoes on. Really lol. I wasn't paying attention, my leg FLEW up in the air, my birk FLEW off and I FLEW backwards. And then...I went tumbling down the hill. Oh wait...NO..that's not how the story goes..I WOULD have tumbled down the hill if Ruth hadn't caught me in her arms and cradled me back to safety. Thanks Ruth, you're a lifesaver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
It was a great moment, wasn't it?? It will go down in my book of greatest treasured close to the heart moments of spectacular achievement!!!Thank YOU for needing saving!!!
lol. This blog entry will go down in my book as one of your best entries ever. You should blog in story telling mode more often.
oh gosh... what a laugh! I can only imagine the sight it would have been.. although I am super glad to hear that you are still alive!
that is so awesome!
Thank God for great firends!
Post a Comment