Now I feel like I need to give you guys a sneak peak into a night of watching hockey with my dad. Just picture yourself sitting in a Jerry Springer audience. (Minus the unnecessary nudity.) Cursing, screaming at the top of lungs, hitting tables and of course, cheering & jumping for joy. Bundle all of that together and you have this:
Monday, April 23, 2007
Tonight was the night!
I must give my dad props. The very first day of playoffs he told me his predictions for the series & said they'd go to game 7 and the Canucks would take it 4-1. They did just that! Hallaaaaaaaa! 1 down, 3 more to go.
Now I feel like I need to give you guys a sneak peak into a night of watching hockey with my dad. Just picture yourself sitting in a Jerry Springer audience. (Minus the unnecessary nudity.) Cursing, screaming at the top of lungs, hitting tables and of course, cheering & jumping for joy. Bundle all of that together and you have this:
Mike (the moron) Modano throws himself 4 feet in the air & doesn't get called for it..but the Canucks get a penalty. Neil gets angry and the profanity begins.
Fast forward to the last 4 minutes of the game and here you have it: Neil gets stressed beyond belief and starts sweating.
THEY SCORE!!!!!!!!! Neil jumps for joy and shreaks.
Standing in pure shock at the rarity of the 2 goals scored on an empty net: Neil stands in awe.
Let the celebrations begin!!
Now I feel like I need to give you guys a sneak peak into a night of watching hockey with my dad. Just picture yourself sitting in a Jerry Springer audience. (Minus the unnecessary nudity.) Cursing, screaming at the top of lungs, hitting tables and of course, cheering & jumping for joy. Bundle all of that together and you have this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Awsome post Ross!!!! Good old Daddy Ross!!
I remember the first time I was at your house while your dad was watching a hockey game. I thought your dad was beating the heck out of someone, until you explained to me about his passion for men on ice who carry sticks.
hahahaha.. yeah steph .. its scary over there this time of year.. and whatever you do dont talk nasty about his team...
i can see it all play out so vividly in my head and im laughing really hard... lov ya guys!!
My hubby says I'm WAY too loud when I watch a hockey game. I yell, scream, throw out the odd "foo foo" word, stomp my feet...
In other words, a real embarassment!(I learned from my dad!)
Post a Comment