Tomorrow in History, instead of regular class, we're having a "book club" style discussion on the book we just finished reading. Let me re-phrase that: on the book we're SUPPOSED to have read by tomorrow. It's that one over on the right hand side of my blog--I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has -any- interest in the history of Canadian slavery. Something you'd be very hard pressed on finding in any normal Canadian history text book..which makes me quite mad after reading this novel! But yes, I'm stoked for this book club thing. It'll make me feel like I'm on an episode of Oprah lol You know..Oprah's book club? Ok, I don't know either...so nevermind. Just know that I am excited!
In other news...again, I am slacking in posting my three six fives. I take them every day, but for some reason cannot manage to UPLOAD them every day. Oh well, they will come :)
Hope you're all enjoying this glorious fall weather!
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi Tamara: Hope you don't mind me commenting - I read your blog all the time - but never say anything.
I just thought this was an excellent method to encourage students to read. I noticed the book as you have it posted and it looks really interesting. S
Post a Comment