Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All aboard!

My auntie Karen and I went to Smithers for the weekend..not this weekend..or the last weekend. But the weekend before that. Good times were had by all.

Our journey began on the rail way...it's very disappointing to me that the conductors these days no longer yell "Alllll aboaaaarrrd!!" before getting on the train. In fact, it's quite informal and disappointing how the whole thing works.
The little train station at Dorreen that they actually friggin stop at! The creepiest thing happened. I'm sure you guys have heard stories about Dorreen & how crazy people live there..and how it's haunted. Well, we were talking to some guys up on the dome..they were all asking me "So what have you actually heard about Dorreen? Tell us all the details..have you been there???" kind of being weird about it, but I thought nothing of it. Right before we stopped they both left, I assumed they were using the loo or something. WELL. I casually look down to my right AND THE ONE GUY GOT OFF THE TRAIN. At Dorreen. He lived there! Seriously lol He had a huge backpack on with snowshoes tied to it.....creepy.
The ride was lovely.
With my lovely aunties!
Before going outside to skate (it was like -30 the whole time in Smithers) we decided to have a little photo shoot. Allow me to introduce my cousins Levi (on the left) and Lorne (to the right.)
Unfortunately there is not one photo where all three of us are being civilized.
By the end of it all, I clearly could not handle life!
Lorne had to help me tie up my skates...they were a bit big so we had to make sure they were close to cutting off my circulation so I would not break my ankle.
Woohooo! I look excited at this point, but inside my heart was pounding. I had not stepped foot on ice (in skates) for a couple years. I was sure my head was about to be cracked open.
Le rink.
I couldn't remember how to skate at first, so the boys gave me a goalie net to skate around with..it worked like a charm!
At this rate I'll be drafted by next season!!! hahaha
Levi getting all laced up.
Take a shot! (my old Greek soccer coach used to yell that..at least 78 times during our games..he was so annoying.)
I tried.
Soooooo cold! my nostrils were freezing together!
Yessssssssssss!
Jessica's out of the country, so I had to take over in the hair department.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting them! I sure do miss you!

Darci said...

That looks like so much fun!! thanks for sharing the photos :D

Daughter of Zion said...

Tams, we need to talk about your delusions of grandeur. First of all, I hate to break it to you women don't get drafted for the NHL. any way. The good news is that I made a post and am going to continue to do so for 2009!

Tanya said...

Snot freezing cold...love it! Its not so bad if its not windy:)

Looks like you had fun!

lovinit said...

ya man i heard about doreen. id really like to go there one day and chill.

Ruth said...

i think its hilarious that you went just for the weekend. Let me rephrase that. For whatever reason, I thought you were going there for your whole christmas vacation!LOL! looks like you had fun!