Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hi, I'm 60.


My latest homework distraction has been learning to knit (thanks grandma!) and then learning to crochet (thanks Bonnie!) That scarf you see there, yeah, so far its taken me a good three weeks to get that much done. And that hot pad that will soon look like a toque is my first ever toque. I plan on becoming an expert toque maker..seriously. I should be pro by the time summer graces us with its presence again.

One day I will be RIDICULOUSLY skilled at knitting and I'll be able to make that snazzy full body suit you see up there in the first picture. I'm taking pre-orders now. Leave your name & $2000 in my mailbox before next Friday.

Bonnie, I'm pretty sure I stole that picture from your blog like 2 years ago because I thought it was the creepiest thing I had ever seen in my entire life.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is a creepy picture. Yes, we will act like 60 year olds when I get there.

Darci said...

I just found out that there is knitting group at Cafenara on Tuesday nights starting at 7 till 9. I know you are busy with school but if you are interested.

Bonnie said...

That is by FAR the creepiest picture ever! Lol But I have never seen it before.

Tamara said...

I've seen the knitting group in Cafenara before while doing homework..they looked mighty intimidating!! lol

Christy said...

Please add me to your list for the full body knitted suit! I have been looking for one for a long time...My prayers have been answered!

J.G. said...

They arent as intimidating as you first suspect...they are are actually very nice, friendly, non snobby people. Ive been 3 times now and love it. And Ive also been knitting a scarf for 3 weeks and its as big as yours. It was supposed to be for my little girl for Christmas but it may be next Christmas at this rate ;)
Come next Tuesday if you can!

Tamara said...

Ooo I think I will come next Tuesday if I can justify skipping class :) They didn't look snobby at all, just WAY MORE skilled than I am haha