Friday, July 21, 2006

Frustrations

I hate writing about negative things in my blog, but this has been -such- a frustrating week for me. I'm usually not an emotional person at all, in fact it takes a lot to make me cry, but by tomorrow night I have a feeling it could happen at the drop of a dime. Actually, right now it'd probably only take a penny lol
One of the things I hate more than anything is when people talk to me like I'm stupid, or think I'm shallow. Sure, I give people facials, paint their toenails and do makeup for a living, but that doesn't mean I only focus on the outside or was too dumb to go off to school for 4 years. I chose to do what I do because I love making people feel good. And I know a lot of people don't agree, but I think making people feel beautiful who normally wouldn't feel that way IS important.
I don't know...I guess I just have to spend some time in prayer about this because it's been a struggle of mine even before I left to go to school. God had to have given me this passion for something other than encouraging people's vanity.

8 comments:

Christy said...

Awww Tamara! I am praying for you. Don't believe for a single minute that you are not doing something that blesses others. You make dozens of people feel incredible by the time they leave the spa...which is more than most of us do in a day! I really respect you and your work! You are INCREDIBLE at what you do and that is a gift from God! And He asks us to use our gifts and that is exactly what you are doing!I love you and I think we need a Denny's date soon cause we need to have some heart to hearts!!

Tanya said...

Hey neighbor!

I'm so sorry that you're feeling down. I can tell that you're passionate about what you do, and you are such a sweet soul. I know how you feel though. I too felt the same way as you. I went to hairdressing school and felt kind of dumb because my sister did do four years of university, and my uncle laughed at me when I said I was going into hairdressing. It makes you feel unworthy and stupid. I had NO desire to go to university or college at that point in my life. I was doing what I felt was right for me at the time. I was doing what made me happy. I knew that I wasn't cut out for college. Not everyone is...and thats OK! God will use you in whatever you do, whether thats painting toes or waxing brows. You need to let go of these feelings (which I know can be hard) and feel at peace about what you're doing with your life. If you feel fulfilled, don't worry about what others have to say or think.

I saw that you were home when I went for a walk tonight and thought "hey, I should go ask her if she would like to join me". Sorry that I didn't, maybe it would have helped to walk some of your frustrations away. Another time I guess.

Anyways, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on...I'm just a hop, skip and a jump away (you can just walk if you'd like :)

You are an awesome creation of God. He loves YOU, no matter what you do...remember that always!!!!

Anonymous said...

its been a bit over a year since i've known you and i can say that you're honestly the kindest, least shallow person i know. you even have compassion for people you don't know (remember that one native man who played the guitar and the old guy who played the violin together on scarth street who you loved? haha) crappy weeks suck but remember you get vacation time in a couple weeks. you're a beautiful girl and you're always in my prayers

Carin said...

Darling Tams... you are such an encouragement to so many... My family alone is so very blessed by all that you do! Thanks for loving the way that you do!

starla said...

theres not much that i can say after those last few posts, but know that i love you and you bless me all the time! Your work is amazing, i completely agree with christy about using the gifts God has given you, and he gave you the gifts your doubting! Trust in Him and He will use you in whatever your doing!

Ruth said...

Tam!!!!This is Ruth & Moe & Mark!! WE want to encourage you in what you believe God has called you to do. You touch lives like only you can. Never stop believing that the smallest gesture can change someones whole world. People may say its vanity or being shallow, but you are touching people in a way that only YOU can! Never underestimate the power of your touch. A simple touch can heal a wounded heart. Remember that Jesus led by example and He washed his disciples feet. A physical expression of Gods love for the broken. He was the first esthetician!!! Many people want to be in control and be noticed, but few want to serve. Mark believes God has put you there to advance His kingdom and touch lives! You are a living testimony of the compassion, humility, gentleness and love of your Daddy! We love you and are SO committed and proud of you and what you do. His plans for you are more than you could ever imagine!!!

Chris said...

Hiya Ross :P
I could pinpoint the time and day that this week turned for the worse. And I can honestly tell you not to take anything to heart that was said. People are ignorant and don't understand. People often see what they want to see and turn away from or are threatned by what they do not. Your a great friend to my family and you bless us frequently. Your an amazing woman of God. Find your confidence in Jesus and don't worry about what people say.!!! Love ya :D

Tamara said...

You guys are all so awesome..I have the best friends ever! =D