About to go camping...my car was jammed full
On our way!
Yessssss
Carin won..but it was a close game!
Nunez eating one of my Ritz...I loved him
2nd night. Carin breaks a nail.
No boys were involved in the making of this fire
I wasn't about to do any diving...but it would have been so easy to fall lol
The glorious dock
Looks like I pierced my nose (not really lol) and got some new freckles..
"The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord." ..the verse for the weekend.
Sunday morning breakfast
Looks like it was the morning..but this was also the 1st night lol
1st night in the tent
Welcome to our site!Camping is one of my most favourite things to do in the whole world, and I definately don't do it often enough. But this weekend I finally went out again and I had such a good time! Carin and I went out there Saturday night at about 10:00pm and set up our tent before dark..something we didn't think was possible since we were using my new tent, which I had no idea how to funtion with. Then we built a fire, relaxed and finally had dinner at about midnight.
Sunday we woke up at about 9am, ate breakfast (soup) and had our own little church. We were studying about the heart of a woman, and the only thing that I remember (not literally the only thing, but you know..) is that every woman secretly wants to ride on a horse through the Scottish Highlands with Mel Gibson. I'd prefer George Clooney, but whatever. Afterwards some grand friends came out to visit and we spent the afternoon at the beach. It was SO nice outside too, the perfect temperature. Sunday evening we were invited over to Tanya's family's campsite, so we went and visited with them for awhile. Thanks for the invite, Tanya! After that we walked down to the dock and took some pictures there..it was absolutely gorgeous just after the sun went behind the mountains.
This morning we slept in, had breakfast (smores) and played cards for a bit...then we had to pack up. It was sad to see the weekend end, but I had loads of fun and I can't wait to do some more camping at the beginning of August with my family. Something we haven't done in a long time together, so I'm looking forward to it for sure!
My camping loves:
Waking up outside. The smell of camp fire. Smelling like camp fires. Dirty nails. Sand between your toes. Not knowing (or caring) what time it is. Sitting around the fire. The lake. Stars. Chatting with friends. Taking pictures. Spending every second of the day outside. Tall trees. Beach volleyball. Hanging your feet off the dock....


4 comments:
The adventures of Tams and CC... what glorious times we had... there is so much that words cannot say about our great wilderness adventure... but Tams my dearest... thank you from the very bottoms of my toes...
Tamara, im really impressed with your picture taking skills! i especially love the cards one, i would be proud to have taken it! Good job!
i'm impressed
Post a Comment