Monday, October 30, 2006

Before & After

I just spent my last evening off cleaning my room..I can't even put into words how big of a deal that is..seriously lol I'm not a messy person, in fact I'm a huge neat freak (live with me for a week and you'll want to run around with a baseball bat hitting things off the shelves just to see me running after you picking things up)..but when it comes to my room, I can't seem to keep it clean!
So feel privileged as I'm letting you into the one of the weakest areas and biggest struggles of my life lol (I laugh, but I'm crying inside..actually, I'm laughing)

Before...this picture is horrible..I still have birthday presents that I haven't put away on my floor! (my bday was June 3rd..and I just counted on my fingers how long ago that was and I'm officially embarrassed.)
After! Ok so it's not as tucked in & made as my parent's bed is every day...but it works for me.
Before...yikes! I literally had to step (or trip) OVER things to get to my bed. Which can make for some painful trips to the bathroom at 4am..
After! I have no place for Audrey yet, so she'll have to stay on my floor..
Before...there's even a friggin foot file on my hope chest! But I'll have you know it's a clean foot file.
After..(no foot file)
If you're in my room much (most people aren't though, so I'm posting this to amaze myself I guess) you know that this picture is the biggest miracle out of all these pictures. The top of that organizer thing is usually stacked so high with makeup/random bits that if you even pull an eyeliner out of the pile, an avalanche of crap cascades onto my floor.

8 comments:

Tanya said...

Way to go...you inspire me! My entire basement is like that...umm...I'll get around to it someday! Good for you though, sometimes it can seem like such a daunting task, but once its done, you feel so proud of yourself!

Carin said...

WOW - incredible transformation! Yay for you!

Christy said...

That Audrey picture will look swell in the December house. After all it will need to be decorated before the January arrival!

I am laughing now because to most that will make no sense! Except maybe Loverboy...

Riteesha Mathew said...

hey nice work tamara, very proud of you! what made u wanna do it? all of a sudden??

Gwen said...

Holy cow, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Audrey H. picture. WOW! Good one.

starla said...

Tamara your just so great! i can't say it any other way! have you ever seen my room in all its messiness? yah, i'm on a whole different messy scale I think! But miraculously (how do you spell that word) my room is clean right now too! Okay and I have to agree with gwen, i love the picture of audry!

jessicabrandenbarg said...

thats sweet i dont think i have seen it that clean for a LONG LONG time.. lol but your messy room doesnt compare to myn but u know that.. my room here is so big it takes me about 2 months to get enought energy stored up to start cleaning it so u can imagine what it looks like at the moment.. but coodos to you it looks awesome!

Tanya said...

I to love that picture of Audury Your room looks awesome.In fact in comparison to Samm's room,before you cleaned it,that would be clean.Any suggestions for Samm? lol