Sundays are my favourite day of the week for a lot of reasons. One being that good times are always had by all. Which is probably why you'd like any day of the week, right? This is going no where.
Today was exceptionally fun. In fact I'd go as far as saying it was one of the best Sundays -ever-. And I have a lot of Sundays that are pretty dang hard to beat. To just imagine that! (what is with my writing tonight? lol) Anyways..it all started with church. The worship was awesome today, and the speaker was amazing. Put both together and you have a shin dinger of a church service. (I don't think I've ever used the phrase "shin dinger" before.) After church..which was at 1:30! We went out to Pizza Hut for lunch.."we" being Christy, Bethany, Jenna and I..so good times were had eating pizza and listening to Justin Timberlake...who really sounds like a girl if you listen hard enough. Actually, you don't have to listen hard at all. He sounds like a female. NEXT, (after saying goodbye to Christy and dropping Jenna off) Bethany and I went to Ruth's place to pick her up so we could see if there were any treasures awaiting us at Zellers. The sales were not as spectacular as we had expected. No money was spent. Thank God for that because all my current (and future) money is going into much needed winter tires. We'll talk about that later. After shopping we went over to Mark & Ruth's to play Risk. Risk never happened. We found Mark, Arie and Tim watching Willow, so we watched the end of that with them..creepy! After the movie, instead of playing Risk like planned we got the boys to go pick up snacks and we set up Apples to Apples...which just might be my most favourite game of all time. It's really only supposed to last for like a half hour, but this game lasted at LEAST an hour and a half...I'd say two hours actually because Tim decided he wanted everyone to make up a story using their green apple cards. It was ironic because HE was the one begging us to end the game, then HE was the one who drug it on and forced each of us to tell a story..they all turned out publishable by the way. After the game all of us went over to Mike and Moe's to watch Crash. Crash didn't happen either. We just sat around talking about random tidbits...like how many different laughs one person has...and how to defend yourself if you're ever being attacked. The chai that Moe made was spectacular by the way. Our irrational behaviour proved to us that it was finally time to go home at midnight. The drive home was the most scary day of the year so far for me. As most of you know I have an insane fear of driving in the snow..in fact, if you wake up one morning this winter and see a lot of snow on the ground you should probably pray for me...lol no really, please do. It was blizzarding so hard I could barely see what was infront of me. I don't have my winter tires on yet so my heart was beating so fast it could have jumped out of my throat..thank God Arie was in the car encouraging me to keep driving or else I would have pulled over to cry lol We saw two people in the ditch on the hill on the way home so that only made my worries something to really worry about. And now my great day ends with writing in my great blog. I hope your guys' Sunday was as swell as mine!
*Please excuse the weird content and unnecessary length of this post. I'm convinced it's from the left over anxiety from driving home and the tiredness that is taking over my mind and body.*
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I'm glad you made it home safely...hopefully you get those winter tires soon!!! It only gets worse the further east you go!!
Thanks again for holding down the fort!
I share a similiar winter driving fear as you now that I have a toddler in the vehicle with me and now that I have to drive down the hill to get into town. I refuse to drive unless neccesary!
sounds like an awesome Sunday! Make sure you get your winter tires!
Sundays are my favourite day of the week too! It always has been... smiles...
I am glad you made it home safe - with my darling brother!
What is this apples to apples game?! Sounds interesting!
Hi Tamara if you are interested my email is tanya1972hotmail.com
blog is http://angelswithwings-tanya.blogspot.com your room looks great.
I miss sundays like that, I am so jealous Tamara. Your blog makes me want to come home for a sunday.
I miss you!
Post a Comment