Thursday, November 16, 2006

There's no denying it

The snow is gorgeous...but if I make it to work alive today, it will be a miracle.

UPDATE*****

So I made it to work this morning after all...but I didn't drive! I was so scared..no joke, I was actually crying and my hands were shaking when I got into my car. (not bawling, just tears of terror lol) But I thought, "If I don't try it now, I never will." So I started driving down my road and I literally couldn't see in front of me it was snowing so hard. The ground was white, the air was white, -everything-! My windshield was blurry too because by the time I got to the end of my street they were already clogged with snow. So I pulled over by the bus stop at the end of Balsam & got out to clean off my wipers and I looked around and there was NO WAY I was getting back into my car to drive into town. Frick, if this was anywhere else the whole town would have been shut down. In fact I'm sure Vancouver would have called a natural disaster. So I got back in my car (I really didn't want to) and drove back down my street. I called my dad at work & he came and picked me up and brought me to work. He's awesome! I'm pretty much already having anxiety about tomorrow morning, so I pray it doesn't snow any more than it already has...either that or I pray it snows like 17 feet..snow day!

7 comments:

Carin said...

Ahh... miracles sure are wonderful aren't they!!
I've got challenge for you - but we have to talk before I can give it to you... so when I get out there... we need a cocoa date! smiles

Stephanie said...

I'm liking your new blog colors. yep.

Anonymous said...

its been sunny here but cold! do you think the ski hill will be running when i get there? i can't wait to have a real hill to go to for the day without having to make a weekend out of it. i'll drive you to work every morning too

Tanya said...

Aww Justin thats so sweet of you!!

BTW Tamara, I can give you some Saskatchewan winter driving tips...teach you how to do donuts in a parking lot! hee hee

And Justin...my husband was talking to his friend today about the ski hill...they need three more feet of snow to open...and by the looks of it around here, it's going to be any day now.

Carin said...

oh my... we may have to talk sooner than I get there... let me know a good time to call!
(thats a lot of snow!)

Carin said...

oh yeah... for Justin: I am taking up snowboarding this winter... but I am gonna need some instruction!

Riteesha Mathew said...

thank God for fathers! and well justins too!