Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm officially domestic

I'm not too sure if domestic is the right word..but tonight I made my very first pot of homemade soup! It's a potato soup..it really doesn't take much skill. You just let the veggies simmer, then stick everything in the blender. BUT, I did all of that by myself! lol I've been surprising myself lately with these urges to cook. I used to -hate- it. I also -must- add that I took a spoonful to everyone in the house and got 3 big "mmm that's good!", "wow YOU made that?!", "hey, you need to write that recipe down for me!". Hallaaaa!

Update***
Thank you everyone for your prayers for my dad!!! Him and my mom left for Rupert this morning at 6am, and my dad was supposed to go into surgery at 9am but it got delayed until 1pm. So he finally got in and they ended up having to put 2 metal plates, 1 rod and some screws in. Oy! He broke his other leg playing hockey, so now he has metal in both lol He's feeling ok..although I'm sure it's because his leg is numb. Tomorrow he might be feeling the pain a bit more. Or maybe a lot more.
A few people asked me what exactly happened..so my dad was helping the Lumis delivery guy carry a heavy package & he was the one walking backwards. He ended up tripping over a slab of something that HE put on the ground 5 minutes before. His body turned as he was falling, but his leg didn't and ta daaa, busted leg. He blacked out, then couldn't remember what his own name was so they had to call the ambulance to whisk him away. And that is the story.

4 comments:

Carin said...

YIKES - that must have been scary!!

Yay for your cooking skills! :) I am ready to try them out!! :)

Christy said...

Domestication is grand!

Now you have to post that recipe!

Stephanie said...

I wish I was domestic.

starla said...

Way to go on the soup!!! Your poor dad! ouch!