Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Book Report--Through the Fire Without Burning

Don't judge this book by its' cover! I can't really say much about this book other than it's amazing. It's the (true) story of this Romanian missionary, Dumitru Duduman, and his struggles with delivering bibles throughout his country and (communist) Russia. He goes through periods of being in prison, tortured every day by the secret police to get him to expose the other missionaries he works with and he never once questions what God has called him to do.

Final verdict: Unbelievable.

3 comments:

Chris said...

great book, I've read it also.

Unknown said...

Did you know that this guys son has actually come to our church before.. I also agree an amazing story. Terrifyingly amazing!

joni said...

Dumitru Duduman, himself came to the Thornhill church about 13-14 years ago...he was an amazing man. His grandson (Michael) also came with him and now carries on with his Grandfathers work.

here is Mike Boldea's site
http://www.handofhelp.com/index.php