Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy when the day is done.

The current events of my day:

9:00am- woke up, decided it would be a good idea to finish the draft on my English essay.

9:30am- start to get frustrated over lack of sources on essay topic.

9:35am- change essay topic...for the 2nd time.

10:30am- after being distracted numerous times, decide that this topic is also lame. Change topic again.

11:30am- after some research, settle on a new essay topic (what are the environmental effects of global warming on fresh water in Canada?)

12:00pm- wishing plagiarism was kosher.

12:50pm- made my final decision that I will write my next essay first, THEN complete the draft. Who knew drafting could be so complicated? Not I.

I have until 4pm to finish this draft...then I need to get ready for class (at 6pm) and study for the chapter quiz before heading off. Once class is finished I must rush home & study for a psychology test (9am tomorrow morning), read a couple chapters in my history novel & read at least half of the sociology chapter due tomorrow at 1:30pm. Holy crap.

I now understand what all my instructors are saying about the first year of college weeding out the people that really don't want to be there. I will NOT be one of those people, but jeez..this isn't easy stuff.

Now the real question is, why am I blogging right now?

Oh..and I'm doing quite well with my lack of facebook, but I never did say I couldn't frequent myspace hahahahaaa

There is someone cutting down trees with a chainsaw somewhere around here. I'm pretty sure they are annoying me.

UPDATE***** My instructor was really interested in my essay..he said I had a solid thesis & that he's looking forward to reading the completed paper!!!! I was expecting him to rip it to shreds (not literally, but you know), which I would have been totally cool with because I'll take whatever I can get in order to learn to write a good essay (since I have many more in my future..) But yes, that made today worth it :)

4 comments:

Tanya said...

MySpace...hmmmm:)

Well I'm sure my neighbor in the white and green house will find those chainsaw people if they're disturbing her...she knocked on our door lastnight around 11pm...blaming our poor dog again...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Keep up the good work with school!

Tamara said...

WHAT! Frig that lady is a show lol Next time you're downtown buy some ear plugs then the next time she knocks on your door be like "OH! I have a brilliant solution for you" and hand her the plugs. Really...what a nut

Tanya said...

Good for you...that should make you feel really good about your essay writing abilities!

Didn't you "hear" lol! She has an inner ear problem and wearing earplugs makes it worse! She is such a beepidy beep beep beep!!!!

Jenny said...

^^^
a beyotch???LOL...
I LOVE doing essays. I'm a bit of a self professed nerd. When we backpacked through Europe I did a few essays just because I felt like it...LOL
Bet you'll get an awesome grade! Keep up with the hard work. It will get easier and the hard work is well worth it!!