Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Taking suggestions

I need some help choosing a book to read over Christmas break! There are so many bloody books I can't wait to read, but I need to make sure this one is especially thoughtless and completely pointless. I don't want anything that is remotely true. Or anything that jumps from one period of time to the next. Basically, I don't want to "learn" anything from reading whatever book it is I decide to read. In fact, I'd like my brain to regress as I read this book!

Any suggestions???

10 comments:

Darci said...

When I think of one I shall come back and leave t here. I have Jodi Picoult- The Tenth Circle..

Tamara said...

^^I've read that one already & it's a gooder :)

Ruth said...

'A Christmas Carol' Charles Dickens

'The Bean Trees' Barbara Kingsolver
'Pigs in Heaven' Barbara Kingsolver
(These 2 are in sequence)

'Homecoming' Cynthia Voigt

Mark of the Lion Trilogy:
'A voice in the wind'
'Echo in the darkness'
'As sure as the dawn'
(These are the most incredible)

Now that I have brought up Francine Rivers, literally any book by her is absolutely incredible! Now, its not your typical christian literature. Its very raw, sometimes graphic, but overall, the best books i have ever read...seriously!
Here are the rest of her titles:

'The Atonement Child'
'And the Shofar Blew' (Not written in Hebrew times)
'The Last Sin Eater' (This book is tied for 1st with the next for my all time favorite book!)
'Redeeming Love' (I bawl through this entire book!)
'And the Shofar Blew'
'The Scarlet Thread'

Ok, i could really go on forever! I stinkin' love books....and you should just come over and raid our bookshelf! We have like a billion books and you can knock yourself out!

Or check out these websites!
www.whatshouldireadnext.com
www.whichbook.net

Jenny said...

"Away"Jane Urquhart(I own this if you want to borrow it....a must read)
"Alias Grace"Margaret Atwood(ditto)
"Rockbound"Frank Parker Day
"Famous Last Words"Timothy Findley

We have tons of books...let me know if you want to come over and borrow one. The only condition is that you don't doggy ear them...I don't care, but Mr. "Lovehimtopiecesbuthe'sanal"....has issues with...
:)

jessicabrandenbarg said...

NO NO I GOT THE PERFECT BOOK...

OF MICE AND MEN>>. its the perfect no brainer...
in fact you wont want to put it down yet you wont want to pick it up.. you will think shit this is stupid .. yet brilliant.. hahaha i think its the perfect book .. for any occasion!

Tanya said...

'Dear God, it's me Margaret'...hee hee!

joni said...

hahahaha

wont you be soooo busy with doing nothing that you wont have time to read... you know all that visiting and eaten and walks through wonderful snow.. resting with christmas dvds and presents and presents and more vists..whoot whoot... its soooo close yipppeee!!!

gee wizz wont yah be too busy doing nothing?!!!!!!

Tamara said...

Thanks guys!! I seriously cannot wait to read a normal book :)

trippy spaz said...

try a book with just pictures !

Tamara said...

^^What a concept!

(seriously..I never thought of that)