Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Glorious day.
So yesterday I decided to go on a little adventure between classes. I have been neglecting my poor camera lately & decided that since it was such a beautiful day outside, I should go take some photos. Take some photos I did! Here are a select few.
First I went to Fisherman's Park & was greeted by Mr. Sun himself.
After about 15 minutes being there alone, I heard the gravel crunch under a vehicle's tires. No big deal...I couldn't see who it was because I was down by the water. Another 2 minutes passed and I hear a man's voice, it sounded like he was talking to a dog...another 30 seconds past and the bitter aroma of pure British Columbian weed filled my nose. It was so strong it almost burned. I decided it was time to leave, so I walked up and RIGHT behind me the man was sitting on a bench, puffing away. HA. The look of surprise that washed over his face when he noticed he wasn't alone was -almost- enough to make me laugh.
Did I mention Jack Frost met me at the park?
I decided I wasn't ready to head back up to school yet..so I drove out to the lake & was greeted by this sign. A little unnerving since I was the only one in the park (that I know of.) But I was on a mission to find me some swans so I wasn't about to let a little sign intimidate me.
And swans I did indeed find! One of my most favourite things to do in the winter is to go out to the lake to see the swans. I've been going out there since I was a little girl & they've always fascinated me for some odd reason. The picnic site is beyond quiet when you're out there alone...you hear every twig cracking & every swan honking.
Honkers!
Jack was at the lake as well.
I couldn't resist such a sparkly tree.
It's a bird...it's a plane.....it's.....wait. It really IS a bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I went out to take pics yesterday too...but unfortunately the light faded too quickly (I didn't get out until later in the afternoon). I did get on nice pic of the moon over the mountains...even though it was a teeny moon! I went out today and took some as well...not many though.
I'm glad you took a break and did something that you truly enjoyed...and I don't mean breathing in someone's second had weed, haha!
second hand...I mean
Beautiful pics!!! You are so talented. Glad you got a chance to go out and enjoy the sun and see some swans!
Oo i love the frosty pictures! I can't wait to take pictures with you!
awesome! you take great photos ^^
we should be photography buddies when you come to edmonton!
Post a Comment