Monday, December 01, 2008

Almost there...

So, it's December 1st and I officially have 2 papers, 1 presentation & 3 exams to go!!!! And by NEXT Thursday I shall be finished!!! For a couple weeks at least. I can barely handle life just imagining reading a book..for fun. Which, by the way, I still have yet to pick out. I'm torn because I want to read some old gooders (To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mine and Men, The Great Gatsby) but there are so many new and blue books out there I have not read yet. So hmmmmm. Time will tell what I decide to pick up an devour.

The biggest thing I'm working on right now is the final research paper for English. I'm writing it on compulsory voting--you know, making it law that if you're a citizen of this country (Canada being the country lol) you MUST vote come election time. Australia does it & it works for them. It's worth 30% of my final grade...so I'm hoping for at least a 90. So far it's looking alright.

What else? Oh yeah, my b**** a** work has assumed that I am now working over my Christmas break. Which is fine, as long as they had assumed I was only working Thursday through Saturday. But noooooooooooo, I blocked off the days that I usually don't work and they ERASED MY LINES AND BOOKED ME WITH CLIENTS. And even, get this, booked me with clients on a Monday. My work is usually CLOSED on Mondays anyways..so for them to assume I would come in not only on my day off, but on a day that we are usually CLOSED. HA, I'll show them. I know, revenge isn't the best way of going about things. But they have absolutely no right for making those assumptions--for all they know I could have been going out of town over Christmas. Maybe now I will be. Even if I'm not though, there's no way I'm working ANY days besides Thursday, Friday & Saturday. I have friends coming into town to visit and I will not miss out. SCREW. THEM.

Ok..I think that's enough for one night.

Actually, I'm thining about going to Scotland in a year for school. Seriously.

**Revenge update-- I went into work today to fill out my time card & wrote "NOT WORKING" on every single day I don't regularly work..IN PEN. I'm pretty much done with them thinking that I'll go along with anything they suggest.

9 comments:

Christy said...

After reading about your work, I am steaming mad! You are NOT working those extra days! And don't let them make you either. You told them your availablity at the beginning of the school year and have not said anything about that changing...so they have no right! Just because they book 5000 appointments over Christmas because all they see is dollar signs, doesn't mean they can make their workers come in on days off or days that they have not agreed to work! I will stop now...I could go on forever and ever and ever...

Christy said...

Oh and I am glad you have a 3 week break coming up! You deserve it!!!!!!!

Tanya said...

It is amazing how awful your work treats you...seriously! I can't believe their nerve!!!

Enjoy your time off from school!

Gwen said...

I can't wait for the post about how you handle this situation. Here's a mantra for you: I am strong! I am assertive! I am in control!

Darci said...

Even on Monday's? Wow!! Was it a new person booking appointments??

Lynnie Ha said...

yeah... employers can have a way of thinking that - i guess because they pay you or something - they own your time... or something. yeah, sucks.

how's this... you work for them. they hired you. so it makes you the professional, and them your client. ha!

*giggles* hows that for convoluted!!! lol

Carin said...

wow Tams... your work is harsh to you!!
So I pretty much miss your guts... when are you gonna call me back already?!
You best do so when school is out for CHristmas!!
MUAH!

Bonnie said...

pfft! Trying to steal my Tamara time! I will show them!

Oh...and how is it everyone commented on the work thing but ignored the SCOTLAND THING???? If you do go I will HAVE to come visit! :D I really want to go to Scotland!

Anonymous said...

Dear Tamara Ross,
THOSE BITCHES at your work need a good SMACK!!! Sorry I was furious! So im sitting on a little mac book air thinking of you and all the holiday tradition I will not be attending this year..SAD !!!! I hope you think of me and TAKE MANY MANY MANY pictures for me!!! LOVE YOU!! Lets see who can make it out of finals ALIVE!!!