Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyy???


I hate to complain again, but I'm going to!

I found out today that the other woman I work with QUIT. Yeah...no big deal, right? Wrong. She's the only other person at my work who does what I do, so guess who's going to be stuck with the backup of clients due to her not even giving two weeks? You guessed it, I will be! This really sucks for several reasons:
1) She is one out of two people there that kept me sane. In other words, I really enjoyed working with her.
2) They are now going to expect me to work every hour possible, and more than likely try to make me work the days I took off around Christmas. They'll put a HUGE guilt trip on me, basically saying that they're counting on me..in turn I'll feel like crap, say yes and have absolutely no break between semesters. If I say no, my boss will freak the heck out at me asking me where my work ethic is!

Just know that I am swearing on the inside right now.

10 comments:

Lynnie Ha said...

balance. tell them part of your work ethic is not burning out and taking care of yourself so you *can* do what you need to do. period.

Bonnie said...

Q.U.I.T!!!! Other spas would LOVE...LOVE!!!!!! to have you! There's no reason you should be working for a company who:

#1- Obviously doesn't respect you as an employee.

#2- Won't pay you what your worth.

#3- Wont even let you take your holidays. Even before the lady quite they STILL expected you to work threw the holidays.

You are worth much much more Tams.

Tanya said...

What the heck? Aww Tamara...you need to get out of that place! Just imagine if you did quit...they'd have to call all their clientele to tell them that they can't fulfill their appts. THAT would tell the clientele that something is not right in that place...and its true!!! Actions speak louder than words! You don't have to put up with their crap! You are worth more than what they make you feel!

You have a life...you have rights! They cannot take those away from you...stand your ground and don't let them make you feel worthless...cause we all know that you are AMAZING!!!

Darci said...

Girly.. you need to stand up for yourself, or else take all of us with you :) Don't let them guilt trip you.

Gwen said...

I tried to write you a "Quitting" poem but the Spirit just wasn't moving me.

Listen, honestly you need to quit. I dithered around and hummed and hawed for YEARS, literally, and then finally handed in my resignation. It feels like a 500-lb weight just got taken off my shoulders, and I don't regret it.

You're totally employable. You're smart, and kind, and funny, you're good at what you do and you're a huge asset to any company. Sadly, in the corporate world, a girl needs to put her foot down sometimes if she doesn't want to be used and abused. It's time for you to loudly and clearly demand what you need, or else look elsewhere for a job. The stress of this situation is harmful to your health.

I know I sound like a mother, but ... er... I am a mother, and I hate to see somebody get jerked around and mistreated.

Be bold! Be strong! Be assertive! You are worth it!!!

Christy said...

If you don't quit...I will shave my head!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you and you do what you need to. Tell them the hours you gave them are the hours you can work. They have no right to know what you are doing or where you are going on your days off. You could just fly to me if you want...no big deal

Ruth said...

I'm with the rest of them! You need to quit! You are worth far more than that!!
On Gwen's leading, I did write you a quitting poem!

"For far too long you've been a victim of the spa essential way.
You've taken crap and then taken more as they made
you their slave!
You've given them more than they deserved as they slapped you in the face.
Its time, dear Tamara, to say good bye to that very aweful place!
Kudos to you for stickin it out to give the gifts you did. 3 years is more than most people could before they'd blow their lid!
So,we, your friends, say 'why don't you, go find someplace new? Because you're worth 10 million times and they'll never value you!!' "




We love you!!!!! :)

Tamara said...

You guys are all stinkin awesome! <3 each and every one of you!

Gwen said...

Christy, what kind of an incentive is THAT? It should be, "If you quit I will shave my head." ;)