In the last two months or so I've picked up a nasty habit. Instead of going to the library OR sitting at my perfectly good (and quiet) desk at home, I go to a coffee shop to do my homework. I work better with a little background noise..and I secretly want people to distract me and talk to me so I get a little break without it REALLY being my doing. Because..you know, not speaking back to a person who speaks to you first would just be plain rude.
Anyway, today I innocently walked into the usual place. Selected a table, set my books down and walked up to the counter to order my drink. That's when the girl behind the counter confidently pipes up and proclaims "Soy london fog??"
CRAP.
I never wanted to be one of those predictable "can I get a large double double..and give me an extra cup with that, will ya?" types.
So even though I genuinely longed for my usual, I ordered a hot chocolate instead. AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE HOT CHOCOLATE!!!! So tomorrow I will walk in and appreciate people's super swell remembering skills & enjoy my regular beverage.
I would like to officially apologize for taking up two minutes of your day to read about my coffee shop "drama."


3 comments:
Starbucks knows my drink too. And how could you not like hot chocolate? Your crazy!
Do you honestly sit and study in that little cafe in safeway? lol there are four starbucks in edmonton that know all four of my regular drinks..i think them know yours is an acceptance into the real world, grab a cup of coffe, take out your mac book, and enjoy. ( all you need is a blackberry and you will officially be one of "THOSE PEOPLE" lol) Love You
No, I definitely do NOT sit in Starbucks..sorry Elisha lol
Post a Comment