Here I am again. Already.
Impressed? ...I knew you would be.
I'm always amazed at how fast things can change. And change things did! Remember yesterday when I posted about giving my two weeks notice and telling my boss to shove it? WELLLL yeah, today my boss..the receptionist, and this other girl I work with sat me down and decided to try and convince me to stay. They told me how much they appreciate me (BS? probably.), how they couldn't imagine working without me (BS? fer sher.), and how they were about to hand me over a fat cheque that I would normally have to work over a month to earn (BS? negative.).. And how they were going to start paying me WHAT I'M WORTH last pay period. I was also informed that my "boss" would no longer be my boss, and that she is more than likely selling the business to a woman who I know would be awesome to work for & with.
Did I tell my boss to take her cheque & 50% commission and shove it up her spazoid arse? No, I did not..I accepted the offer and I'm surprisingly quite happy about it. It's funny though how it took me quitting to get what I've wanted all along..if only I knew that 4 years ago!
Enough of that.
Other things I am currently happy about:
- The 1 week extension on my history term paper. HOLLER! My instructor pushed the due date back because she thought having the midterm the week before a term paper was unfair. Yessssss!
- The jeans I ordered yesterday from american eagle that are on their way to my front doorstep as I type this. The only jeans I currently own are cropped. And it's getting a tad cold to walk around with bare shins.
- Grown up financial decisions that I need to make. Soon. Confusing, but mysteriously empowering to be doing something other than buying london fogs and car payments with my moola.
- The sweet summery candle I have burning next to me right now. (strawberry fields..mm)
- Choosing courses for next semester. Wonderful Mr. English instructor, here I come!
the end.


5 comments:
So your two week notice was very short lived :) At least you are happy with your decision, and if worse come to worse, you can always quit again!
Wow! I had to LOL though at your blog title before I even got to your page (seeing that you updated on Jenny's blogroll).
I'm glad that you are happy! You need to do what is right for you and no one else!
congrats buddy!
Well I'm glad they are finally paying you what your worth. And I'm going where you go, you did my eyebrows the best they've ever been! And they badly need doing again!! :)
I am darn proud of you Ross!! It doesn't matter to me where you work but rather that you are getting paid what you are worth! We need to hang!
Post a Comment