So this weekend was -really- good and -really- bad at the same time...if that's even possible?
The GTT was amazing. I learned so much from the speakers..and not just stuff that you learn and store away only to bring it out to prove your knowledge to people, but stuff that I can actually put into practice in my own life & ministry. Saturday was a lot of teaching..it went by really fast for me even though we were at the church for quite awhile. Sunday was the best (and the worst day)..church was awesome. Iver Louis spoke about apostolic giving and how we (Christians) should be the most diligent workers. After church I went for lunch with a bunch of people then went home and found out my grandpa is in the hospital (one of the weekend's "worst")..he was not feeling well at church so they took him to the hospital and he was having irregular heart beats. He spent the night there last night, and has to stay again tonight because they want to monitor him for one more night..the doctors told my mom he is doing a lot better today and they don't see why he wouldn't be able to come home tomorrow. If you have a few minutes please pray for my grandpa's health. I'll update you guys more once I know more.
Sunday night was the best (and worst again) part of the weekend for me. There was a city wide worship celebration at the church. The worship was awesome (like it had been all weekend) and so was the word..God revealed A LOT to me last night..in fact I'd go as far as saying He had never spoken something to directly to me in my life. I am not a crier (as you guys definitely know) but I could barely get through the end of the message without crying. After the message we had more worship/ministry time..I am so thankful for the amazing friends and people I look up to in my church. You guys are the best! So anyways, I'm not too sure what God has in store for me now but I know it will be good..even though it sucks right now.
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Proverbs 19:21
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 2:16-18
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Okay I really have to stop reading blogs because I have been crying reading lot's of them lately!
I am praying for your Grandpa!
And I am also praying for you as you go through this difficult time. God is in control and really what can go wrong when we place our lives and future in His hands? Nothing! So be confident that God has the best in mind for you and it will all be worth the pain someday!
Love ya!
Hope your both ok :)
Don't know what your going through, but I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything will work itself out for the best.
Sending up a prayer for your grandpa too...hope all is well with him now.
Hey Tamara! I'm praying for your very cool grandpa! And I'll pray for you too, cause you're not bad yourself ;) Can't wait to hang out again!!!
Post a Comment