Sunday, December 10, 2006

Joy to the world!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg nog..but only half a glass & it must be consumed slowly. It's just nast drinking something so thick fast.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa doesn't have time to wrap presents..but I'm sure he would if he could
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Coloured on both
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I will!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Beginning of December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
All the random bits..like mandarin oranges, nuts, junk, etc.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Having my dad come into our rooms waaaay too early (6:30am) to try and get us to come down stairs to open gifts. He gets a little excited lol Christmas up at the Kennels/farm with all our aunt's & uncles & cousins..and of course, Jess, Elisha, Andrea and I putting on our yearly performances when I'm sure all our parents wanted to do was sit and visit.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't think I was ever a passionate believer (lol)..but I remember the exact moment I found out he wasn't real. I always slept out on the couch beside the tree on Christmas Eve when I was a kid..and one year I woke up to my parents lugging gift down the hallway and putting them under the tree. I never let them know I was awake, so for years whenever my grandpa would come over on Christmas Eve dressed as Santa & all my little cousins would be bawling..I was sitting on his lap, joyfully accepting all the candy canes and oranges the others were too scared to get
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Just one.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
We have no pattern or "theme" to our tree..it's just lights, candy canes and random decorations we made in Pioneer Girls...and the mandatory Christmas balls & beads
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Dread it & love it at the same time
12. Can you ice skate?
You bet your bottom dollar I can ice skate
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The Aladdin VHS was a pretty exciting moment in my life.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with my family and friends..and remembering what the holidays are actually about
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Random bakings..shortbread and butter horns are delish.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I -love- Christmas Eve service, then my whole family usually gets together for snacks and games
17. What tops your tree?
A big star
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
O Holy Night
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yummm
21.Do you like Christmas music?
Love it...but I can only handle so much of it

3 comments:

Carin said...

Tams... I so enjoyed!

Christy said...

Oh Ross...your quizzes always bring joy to my heart just like that large full glass of egg nog that I chug every Christmas Eve!

Riteesha Mathew said...

hey babe, wow i had to read a whole bunch of posts to be completely up to date on your life! yikes, was good. haha. so yeah i love o holy night as well.....always makes me sighhhh a peaceful sigh.
love ya!