Monday, March 26, 2007

Book Report--My Sister's Keeper

I have to begin this report by saying this book is absolutely amazing! One of the best books I've read in a long time. I'm not too sure I remember how to write a book report without giving too much of the good stuff away, but here goes nothing..

Anna's thirteen years old and she's suing her parents for medical emancipation. Which basically means she wants the right to make her own medical decisions. Anna's parents decided to have her when their first daughter, Kate, was diagnosed with leukemia. Her brother wasn't a match, so they decided to have a baby made for them that would be a perfect genetic match for any blood and bone marrow Kate would ever need. So up until this point Anna has spent a huge portion of her life in the hospital recovering from donating random body fluids to her sister...even though Anna isn't the sick one. Kate finally gets so sick that the only chance she has is to receive one of her sister's kidneys..but Anna won't have it. Not because she doesn't love her sister (they're best friends) but because she feels like she has never had a say in what people take from her own body.

Right when you think the book is over something -huge- happens that you would never guess..and it makes you rethink everything you just finished reading. Dun dun dunnnnnn.


Final verdict: Much better than sudoku.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sudoku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why must you insult it. I considered taking back that slide for the late post I gave you for a few seconds.

joni said...

Tamara i think you better do your next post on the greater side of SUDOKU ...hehe want to keep the peace..
PS good report intreged me to read it

Christy said...

I want to borrow the book!!!

Tamara said...

No, you guys have it all wrong! lol I wasn't insulting sudoku! I was saying the book is BETTER that sudoku, which means it was a friggin good book! I love sudoku...if only I could complete one without cheating..

Tanya said...

Tamara;
That book sounds awesome,i just might go by it.