Monday, March 26, 2007

Strong start in the 4th.


Today was definitely a busy day. But not one of those busy days where all you want to do is plop your butt down on the couch and fall asleep. It was a "whoah, I got a lot done and it's not even 5pm!" kind of a day.

I slept in until 10am, but then was rudely awaken by the shrill ring of my phone. I pride myself in being able to fall back asleep no matter what, but not today. So I got up and cleaned the bathroom. Golly, let me tell you! Our bathroom is by no means disgusting, and neither is the toilet but as I was cleaning it I had to stretch my head as far back as it would go and I was still gagging. I think it's just the thought of what goes on in there lol

After the bathroom fiasco my dad came over to start our day of town errands. We went and got my summer tires put back on. Another step towards summer, yesssss! Then zoomed to Canadian Tire to buy a mirror for our living room with some house warming cash. I also scored a rug for my room thanks to mom and dad :) Many painful falls and slips have taken place in that room already, so it was much needed. Now I just need to paint and it'll feel more like home in there.

After that we went to Toyota, Honda and Mazda to look at cars. No one helped us at Toyota OR Honda, but the guy at Mazda was super nice...he took us inside and let us know what they'd give me for my car and let me know about financing through the dealership. Yes, the time has come to sell my beloved VW. I've only had her for a year, but we've grown apart and I can no longer be in such a relationship. I'll be able to get a few thousand more than the dealership would give me by selling it privately (thank GOD I bought a diesel because they hold their value really well..and there's still a year warranty on it.) so the "For Sale" sign is officially up in my back window. Sad, but it had to happen. I'm not in any rush to cut off all ties, so when it happens it happens.

The rest of my day is an open book. With a little laundry thrown into the first few chapters.

6 comments:

joni said...

i am begining to feel guilty...or worried..im always the first to comment these days..your not worried are you Tamara? hehe its just i am rooting for all the cash (the pictures from Stephanie) haha Anyways good post.

Stephanie said...

4 down, 3 more to go.

What's wrong with your car? Why are you selling it?

Tamara said...

The things that were wrong with it have been fixed (thank God for warranty) so there's no real reason for selling it other than I have a year warranty left on it and I'll get more for it now than I would if I sold it next year. There also won't be a VW dealership here in 4 years soooo yeah!

starla said...

hope the selling goes well!

Gwen said...

What's happening to the VW dealership?

Chris said...

VW is closing its doors, they're not selling cars any more cause they couldn't meet the quota. But they have to stay open for I think 5 years (maybe 4) to honor warranty work and stuff like that.