Sunday, September 09, 2007

Canada's Wonderland

After our large disappintment of finding out Wonderland was closed during the week, Steph and I headed out there bright and early Saturday morning. The weather was perfect (about 25) and we were SO thankful for that because the few days before that it was in the 30s! Annnnd that would have been deadly waiting in those long lines. Anyways, here are the photos of the day!

Wooohooooo!! We finally made it!
The huge waterfall you see when you walk into Wonderland
Geese!
We had lunch at this 50's diner...the $16 cheeseburger I had was mighty tasty.
Top Gun! The wait for this ride was insanely hot! I'm pretty sure it gave me the red nose I'm sporting at the moment.
Here it is!
Steph & I waiting in line for Top Gun...it was an hour wait! Most rides were about 45 minutes
Check out those massive fish...they were like twice the size of a duck!
Really fun ride.
Dun dun dunnnnnn....
Some peeps.
The only ride that I didn't feel too cool after riding...it went crazy fast forwards, then it went just as fast backwards...which we found out gives you a bloody headache.
Steph on the phone with her boss (fingers crossed) asking if she has to come in for her on call shift....
Steph celebrating after finding out she didn't have to work that afternoon..we can now spend the whole day at Wonderland!!!!!!
My traditional feet picture.
Drink ye not.
Unfortunately nothing was going on in there on Saturday..
This ride was horrible. You had to get into the seat while it was moving..then it laid you down as everyone in the line stared at your butt as you slowly went on by (it was a lay down coaster if you haven't gotten the drift already) and then, to top EVERYTHING off, you had to rest your chin on some greasy chin rest thousands of people have rested their slobbery chins on. And it hurt lol
The old fashion carousel we went on...it was friggin intense.
I took pictures of all the signs of the rides we went on..the ones I remembered to anyways..
How sweet.
Yessssss!
And here it is..this old wooden coaster was our favourite
Star Trek for life! Am I doing the sign right? lol
Live long and prosper?
The movie that won best picture the year I was born! hallaaaa at Witness! I should rent this one.
Run Forrest, ruuuuuuun!
Annnd the sun finally set on our super day at Wonderland!


We went to Casa Loma (a huge castle here in Toronto) today, so those pictures are soon to come as well! Hope you're all doing well over there in Terrace!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Hey...looks like a blast! Did you mean Geez or Geese? Cause I didn't see any birds in that post! haha!

You know that indian summer you've been hoping we'd have...well you're missing it! Its been sunny and about 20 for the past three days! But I'd rather be where you are doing what you're doing that being here doing what I'm doing...sun or no sun!!

Thanks for updating us with all your pics...keep them coming!!

Christy said...

My favorite pictures in this post:

1. Your peeps
2. The first picture of you and Steph (you look beautiful!)
3. The spotted dick (oh wait that was the other post!)

Yarn for life man!

Tanya said...

Ok...I see the Geese now that Christy told me there were actually geese in the pic...oops! haha!

Christy's here and we just watched trailer trash Britney Spears on the MVA's...wish you were with us!!!

starla said...

so many roller coasters so little time! I love roller coasters! by the way, when are you coming home? i want to have that girls night already!