Thursday was my first officialy full day in Toronto..and what did I spend half the day doing?! SLEEPING! AHH! You probably already read on Steph's blog that I slept until 12:30. I haven't done that since I was like 14! Buuuut I guess it was really only 9:30 according to my British Columbia internal clock. So by the time I showered and we were able to leave the house it was about 2:30pm. Our plan was to go to the Royal Ontario Museum and we did just that! We spent a couple hours walking around there, then we went for dinner at the Pickle Barrel. The food was great! After dinner we went to a drug store in the mall that was supposed to be selling tickets to Canada's Wonderland (which we're going to tomorrow!!!!!!), but they were sold out! AH! But no worries, the kind lady at the front desk informed us that if we walked just 2 blocks we would come to the next drug store that also has the tickets. So we walked...and walked some more..and walked about 79 blocks after we walked those first blocks. NO DRUG STORE!!! Meanwhile my feet were hurting more than they ever have in my life (who wears flip flops when they know they're in for a day of walking?! ME.) and Steph was experiencing harsh diarreah..so that kind lady at the desk?! FOOL. After our swift adventure we decided to go to a movie..Steph took me to the hugest theatre I have ever been to..it took like 10 minutes to get up the escalator! We saw Super Bad. It was super good. Then we came home. And it's now 3:13 and I'm updating my bloody blog. We're getting up at 8am to go to Wonderland so I best get my behind in bed! I posted a couple pictures from last night, and my pictures for today...there's a lot of them so sit back and scroll! There was a no flash rule in the museum..so some of the pictures aren't as good as I would have hoped.

The comedy club we went to Wenesday night..fun place!

Dick must have worn leapord print a lot. You
know would have taken a picture too!

Outside the museum..I wish I had a picture of the whole thing..it was insane!

Shhhh.

The whole entire "Canada" section of the museum was full of first nations related stuff. Cool..but whatever happened to igloos, maple syrup, mounties, hockey and beavers?

Steph with her big piece of home.

A museum wouldn't be complete with the armless/legless naken person.

Buddha.

.

I wanted to hold his hand really bad.

The lobby

What a nice casual statue grasping his knee like that

Twins?

Ok so I don't know these people (obviously) but I HAD to take a picture of them. They were the classic museum type people..if there's such thing. The guy on the left was staring at the painting pretending to listen to the old guy in the middle who was SERIOUSLY describing and analizing every aspect of the piece of art..all while the guy on the right was sketching the mural. Taking pictures of people you don't know IS creepy..but people shouldn't make themselves so picture worthy.

Ch-ch-ch-China.

This guy was my favourite.

Yow.

This guy had one big head!

I do indeed love birds.

Pretty bird..i wish everything wasn't in glass!! grrr

I jolly well love this picture!

The bat cave! Woohoo! I'm surprised this picture turned out becaues I took it when a strobe light thing was going off.

I love trees

There I go taking pictures of strange people again..

Madonna with child

I thought Andrea would enjoy this old piano.

This was supposed to be a "serious" picture..because museums are serious. BUT Steph went against my wishes lol

A room from the renaissance

There were a lot of handsome men on those walls

Being proper in a museum is important.

Steph pondering the meaning of life..

My night in shining armour. Isn't he lovely?

We found out the exact date when it died!

The lovely ceiling...

.

We went here for dinner. We didn't have pickles..wait a second..yes we did! It was a warm garnish pickle though

Steph wouldn't let me use the flash (because everyone would turn and look) so this picture is a little dark lol But the margarita was delish! The food was grand as well.
5 comments:
I'm jealous!! You're out there exploring the world...I'm sitting here waiting to go out into the grey sky to get groceries! Not fair!! You look like you're having a blast...keep on updating and continue having fun!!!!
Looks awesome! I am hoping to plan for Adam and I a trip to Toronto next year. I hope we can. I will take notes on places to go and things to see.
Looks like a blast!! A little tmi with the harsh diarrea. Hope that cleared up.
My 3 favorite pictures from this post:
1. The Spotted Dick...no words!
2. You holding that guys hand!
3. The 3 men examining the art!I can't even handle the old man in the middle!Awsome!
I love love love the picture in the museum of the archway with the shadowy people! beautiful!
Post a Comment