Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pedal to the metal.

I got on my bike for the first time in a LONG time tonight. When I say long..I mean I proved that saying "you never forget how to ride a bike!" wrong! Ok so I didn't have to go back to training wheels or anything, but I completely forget how to properly change gears, which handle was the front/back break and how high my seat should be. Oh, and turning? Yeah, forgot that too. I almost crashed in my driveway before even getting out onto the open road! After all that drama, I successfully made it to my destination road rash FREE. As soon as the mornings are a tad warmer, I shall be peddling my way to and from work. My dad and I also have plans to bike to Rupert mid-summer. We've always wanted to do it, and this summer we shall make it happen! Rainbow summit, hear me roar!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay Tamara!!!
My hubby's an avid rider, and I've promised him that we will be doing some mountain biking together this summer. Not sure what I've commited myself to!!
I just read that Outspoken will be doing women's rides and a women's clinic. You might be interested in that!

lovinit said...

I got up brite and early and biked to school yesterday! If I don't work Sunday, lets bike to church!

joni said...

awesome Tamara .. really that is so great..

there is a Ladies Nite on Friday at Out Spoken...

there are plans that some of us are going to go and check it out..

maybe we could all go out for appys after??

Stephanie said...

Josh say's you should buy a road bike.